American Express Careers
Make a difference in the lives of American Express employees and their families every day. At American Express, we believe great service starts with the people who deliver it. Healthy, happy employees are critical to the success of the company and we strive to create a culture where health is a priority. Be a part of our award-winning health and wellness program Healthy Living. Through Healthy Living we enable and promote healthy lifestyles in and outside the workplace.
American Express offers a comprehensive portfolio of benefits and resources to support the well-being of our colleagues and their families. Our portfolio includes core benefits, such as consumer-directed health plans (CDHP) linked to a Health Savings Account (HSA), dental and vision benefits, a robust wellness program and much more.
This position will be part of the strategy team responsible for three critical centers of expertise – healthcare, wellness and work/life benefits and will report to the Director of Health & Wellbeing. This position will work closely with data warehouse and other service providers, internal partners and consultants to ensure that benefit offerings and service providers meet business objectives.
- Evaluate data to develop cost/impact analysis and identify solutions and/or areas for further study/improvement
- Monitor trends and outliers in benefit programs and recommend next steps
- Prepare cost, utilization, trend and other reports and summarize key observations
- Play a key role in developing health and welfare plan design and strategy for all program offerings, including CDHP, HSA, prescription drugs, health, and more
- Oversee program and vendor relationships, negotiate and maximize services while managing costs
- Monitor implementation of program changes to ensure meaningful progress is made
- Influence internal and external stakeholders in providing solutions to employee engagement
- Adhere to AXP’s governance practices as they relate to vendor management, implementation and renewals
- Act as a center of expertise for team members and AXP’s HR community regarding benefit programs and practices
- Partner closely with the benefits operations team to ensure plans meet service and regulatory requirements
- Partner closely with the benefits communications team to ensure creative, timely and accurate program communication to colleagues
- Experience with database reporting tools a strong plus
- Basic knowledge of healthcare data and its use in data warehouses
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
- High attention to detail and excellence in execution
- Strong understanding of benefit programs as well as the ability to design and implement innovations within a collaborative environment
- Proven project management expertise and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and drive results
- Anticipate needs and proactively work with team to develop solutions
- Ability to manage third party advisors and vendors
- Highly professional with established relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills required
- A minimum of 5 years human resources experience
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business, Economics, or Accounting.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 11:00:00 PM