American Express Careers
Manager - Operational Excellence (Sweden)
ICS Operational Excellence aims to ensure that ICS has a robust first line of defence, playing an active role in supporting the Business meet its business objectives and demonstrating an effective control framework. This will be achieved through:
- Ensuring an effective and robust framework is in place to enable the business to accept, manage or mitigate material risks and issues
- Actively supporting the business in delivering change, ensuring that governance processes are crisp, efficient and effective
- Ensuring that ICS has an effective framework for Process Management that ensures processes are well designed, meet applicable requirements, are supported through robust controls, integrated testing, and appropriate investment in capabilities
- Timely & effective resolution of risks and issues supported by effective prevention framework to identify & eliminate their root causes
- Ensuring risks related to Third Parties, Partners & Legal Entities are managed in line with regulatory & AXP expectations
- Ensuring that ICS Operational Excellence is a trusted partner to the ICS business in supporting them meeting their expectations, and in doing so, operates efficiently, leveraging centres of excellence where applicable, but also ensuring strong business focus and presence.
- Reporting into the Director Operational Excellence (EMEA), this position will support the Nordics business teams in all areas of operational risk including Process Risk Self-Assessments (PRSA), Business Self Testing (BST) Operational Risk Events, New Product Approvals, SOX/Operational Deficiencies across the local Entities
- Support the business units in (I) assessing the severity of the risks/issues identified and/or arisen (II) defining adequate mitigation/resolution activities;
- Perform internal control reviews as required, reporting on control effectiveness;
- Assess the appropriateness of key risks and controls; design and support business owners on enhancing the effectiveness of controls;
- Support the Issues Management process by ensuring appropriate action plans are in place, progress is made against milestones, and controls are enhanced to prevent issue reoccurrence.
- Support the risk assessment activities for new products/services and functionalities before launch;
- Support the internal audit process, by ensuring MSIFs are clearly documented, findings are appropriately assessed and monitor progress on action plans.
- Manage and implement appropriate Key Risk Indicators focused on identifying exposures or control weaknesses across business areas;
- Supporting the education and awareness of employees regarding Operational Risk Management and Internal Control matters
- Define periodic Management Reports with the detail of operational risk management performance against targets;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Second and Third Line of Defense Functions and key stakeholders in ensuring that any findings or risks are appropriately addressed
- Support and develop direct reports to deliver strong performance and ensure career growth
- Provide a consultative service in identification of process deficiencies, controls weaknesses and provide recommendations on solutions to best mitigate them
- Understand regulatory requirements and their impacts on the legal entity, and provide recommendations and implement actions to ensure adherence, as required
- Maintain awareness of potential regulatory changes and their impacts to New product development, projects and various change initiatives.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Previous experience in control functions such as operational risk, compliance, audit management or operational excellence is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work efficiently with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders across different functions and international markets
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Result focus and self-driven
- Ability to multitask and good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written (Swedish and English)
- Education Requirements - graduate preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2019, 7:43:52 AM