American Express Careers
Director - Product Development, Network Modernization - User Experience, Digital Servicing and Dispute Management
- Primary focus on Network Servicing capabilities including User experience, framework, channels (mobile, web), digital and network dispute management.
- Develop a technical understanding of the new Network, leverage understanding to inform new parts of the build as it relates to your Product and share it with other Product Owners on the team to bolster knowledge leverage structure.
- Take on value stream ownership and provide subject matter expertise on the processes and components of Network products. Drive decisions.
- Collaborate across the NeMo Program with Technology and Program partners to identify, prioritize, and plan delivery of capabilities and features required for the new Network products.
- Own and manage capabilities and features and their associated benefits and priority in the Program Backlog from seeding to acceptance and deployment. Maintain the definition of done.
- Maintain awareness of the product critical path to drive value stream.
- Provide perspective on and drive proper prioritization and timing of capabilities and features as input into Program Increment Planning and the Program Increment across launches.
- Align with stakeholders and workstream Product Owners to plan and commit to Program Increments.
- Ensure all capabilities and features are managed to enterprise and program standards within the program Agile and PMO tool sets across the product life-cycle and throughout the program increment.
- Coach Product Owners responsible for Team Backlogs in capturing User Stories and tasks.
- Lead, transfer knowledge to other Product Owners, and help teams navigate through uncertainty while balancing the need to let Scrum Teams explore and flourish in an Agile culture of empowerment and decision making.
- Provide the VP leadership with timely updates and status reports.
- Attend the scrum of scrums as appropriate.
- Work with RTE/Program Office to escalate risks/issues as needed, identify impediments, and propose solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in product management and/or Network systems
- Experience delivering high-impact, complex products that span across organizations and involve multiple stakeholders
- Experience in building customer facing capabilities with a focus on digital and overall customer experience is essential
- Experience in developing “mobile first” capabilities is a plus.
- Experience in building Payment Network servicing capabilities is a plus
- High-level of flexibility with the ability to absorb and own new information and adapt to change quickly
- Strong ownership and accountability for outcomes
- Experience articulating business requirements in Capability and Feature benefits format for build considerations
- Ability to think strategically and understand the full downstream applications of design decisions
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with IT peers to arrive to requirement prioritization and design decisions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to clearly articulate and work through complexities
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation, and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail, an ability to spot gaps in information or processes
- Ability to handle multiple assignment and tasks independently, with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous and fluid environment with competing priorities and needs
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with at all organizational levels
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)® methodology preferred
- Experience with a Hybrid Agile methodology preferred
- Experience in Product Management and/or as a Product Owner
- Experience with CA Agile Central (formerly Rally) preferred
- Strong people leadership and ability attract, develop and retain talent.
- Ability to drive results in a matrixed structure across multiple agile trains, business units
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2019, 7:44:05 AM