American Express Careers
UX Researcher - Digital Workplace
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Our UX designers know it’s not enough to help people get things done, you need to help them get it done in the best way possible. If you’re in to designing a better journey for every user from beginning to end, start here. After all, we’re the company that built our entire business on delivering the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
Take a hands-on approach to interface design and your career path.
As a part of our fast-moving, agile team, you’ll be responsible for the user experience, including:
- Transforming ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our users.
- Creating detailed wireframes, information architecture diagrams, mental models, personae’s, usability testing stimulus, and site maps.
- Working closely with colleagues to brainstorm and create concepts for mobile, tablet and desktop environments.
- Being a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
- The ability to lead end to end UX research processes, from recruiting and development, to fielding and data collection
- Experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Skill in evaluating and reporting with an understanding of descriptive and basic inferential information
- Some level of experience with other elements under the UX umbrella; you don’t need to be a unicorn or have any graphic design skills, but you should be able to document the user’s journey, throw together low fidelity wireframes to showcase an idea, and illustrate options with rough-sketching.
- Experience with facilitating remote research
- Familiarity with applying Design Thinking practices
- Experience using a variety of tools such as UserZoom, Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision
- Bachelor’s degree in user experience, human factors, applied or cognitive psychology, comp sci, human computer interaction, ID, or another related field
- Experience demonstrating the skills necessary to be successful. You don’t need a specific number of years in this field or in the financial industry, but we’ll look for evidence that you’ll be both happy and successful as a member of our team.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2019, 11:55:08 AM