American Express Careers
The Organizational Effectiveness (OE) team is part of the Human Capital Capabilities (HCC) organization within Human Resources at American Express. The team serves as internal consultants to both HR and business leaders to help them determine the capabilities needed to ensure future success and to help identify ways to assess, align and optimize their organizations.
The individual in this role will provide internal consulting and program delivery to drive business results. The OE Manager supports and/or participates in cross-functional teams to: diagnose large-scale organizational effectiveness opportunities, collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data, generate human capital recommendations to address performance gaps, build required capabilities and develop high impact implementation plans. Typical projects might involve organization performance and diagnosis, change, organizational design (including, but not limited to, building business cases, advising on governance models, org structures, and role design) and team effectiveness.
- This position requires a minimum of 2-3 years OE consulting experience (preferably internal consulting in a global corporation) with a focus on areas such as organizational design, change and team effectiveness.
- Educational requirement: Masters level education focused on I/O Psychology, Organization Development or Business is preferred.
- Applicants must show a demonstrated ability to conduct meaningful, thorough analysis and to generate relevant, actionable business solutions. Strong, clear written and oral communications are necessary.
- This position also requires demonstrated internal consulting and project management skills and experience.
- This position will work with a wide range of groups across the American Express; therefore, this position requires proven enterprise thinking, collaboration and relationship building skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2019, 10:49:10 AM