American Express Careers
Manager Business Development, Global Merchant & Network Services
• Contract negotiation with C Level in complex deal
• Gathering and disseminating marketplace and competitive information
• Account set-up (e.g. Card acceptance procedures, activation, POP placement and distribution, reconciliation and back office procedures to ensure seamless transition to Card acceptance) Collaboration with internal partners to develop/enhance value offering
• The Sales Manager will use their effective prospecting, door to door, cold calling skills and Internet research to identify leads, maintain and update target lists and establish a prioritized action plan for each
• They will create and execute on strategic sales plans, build relationships for success, handle client negotiation strategies and finalize agreements on terms.
• Proven direct/consultative selling skills and a minimum of 5 years customer-facing outside sales experience in financial industry
• Excellent presentation / negotiation skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to both handle an independent operator (Small Merchant) or prepare P&L projections and break-even analysis required in order to leverage value proposition / support proposals with a Controller or C Executive.
• Demonstrated experience in effective prospecting and building and managing a robust pipeline of quality targets
• Some travel might be required (mainly GTA), and candidate must be independent and able to work from a compliant Home Office environment. Working knowledge of related Amex products and services is considered an asset
• Ability to successful negotiate and sign about 150 contracts per year, and ensure activation and Merchant Satisfaction.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2019, 11:54:31 AM