American Express Careers
Director of Technologies
We are looking for an individual that will be an essential contributor, supporting our company needs overseeing the entire Software Development Lifecycle. You will work closely with our mobile and server team members in a fun and open atmosphere developing cutting-edge mobile applications. Candidate must have at least five years of experience in application development, and working in highly scalable server environments. We are looking for an engineering manager that enjoys a challenge and can take ownership projects, from conception through delivery and maintenance. The position is on-site at our Santa Monica location on the Third Street Promenade. We are a block from the beach and we offer a fun, relaxed work environment.
- Oversee software engineering efforts for mobile (Android and iOS), server, and browser products
- Our engineers participate in the entire Software Development Lifecycle, so management responsibilities include every aspect from requirements gathering to implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Work closely with our Professional Services team to ensure smooth integration at customer sites
- Work closely with our teams and to prioritize and implement new features
- Design and position our technologies and capabilities to address the ever-changing security and mobile landscapes
- Minimum of 8 years of experience building software, preferably with a focus in either mobile or highly scalable server environments
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in highly scalable, high availability environments supporting high transaction volumes and an understanding of server architectures necessary for that type of environment
- Experience managing remote teams and a total team size of 15 or greater
- Proven history of delivering projects on schedule and under budget
- Experience with agile development methodologies and a high degree of value placed on unit testing, continuous integration, and the delivery of quality software
- Passion for software engineering, mobile security, and writing clean, maintainable code
- Proven problem-solving skills, the ability to roll up your sleeves and tackle hard problems with little technical direction or oversight
- Have fun - but get the job done. We adhere to the "Work hard, play hard" philosophy and want a manager that is the same
- Be comfortable working in a nebulous environment and under tight deadlines
- We want your ideas - be able to think outside of the box and be willing to contribute the team’s success!
- Be able to take ownership/responsibility of your tasks
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 1:19:37 PM