American Express Careers
Director - Compliance, Global Anti-Corruption
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take on additional responsibilities, and prioritize work in a deadline-intensive environment
- Ability to work on multiple work streams across multiple business lines at the same time
- Ability to operate in a complex matrix environment
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to motivate, engage and influence
- Support business initiatives by building and maintaining strong relationships with peers and key partners outside of the compliance organization (e.g. GCO, Finance, Risk, Ops Excellence, GSN)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, adaptable and detail oriented with a proven ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- 5+ years of anti-corruption or sanctions experience preferred
- Significant project management experience
- Ability to influence others who are outside your reporting line
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant professional qualification preferred (Law Degree, Compliance/AML Diploma, CAMS Certification with a Legal/Compliance/Control/Auditing background)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 4, 2019, 1:29:54 PM