American Express Careers
Associate Counsel, Global Commercial Services
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
- Providing legal advice and guidance on a range of GCS matters including development of a range of corporate products, benefits and features; negotiation of related commercial transactions; and other engagements across GCS, such as support to (i) product owners responsible for corporate product initiatives and (ii) loyalty program and reward initiatives.
- Reviewing and approving marketing initiatives and collateral for GCS products/benefits/services across multiple channels (including digital and telephone) for accuracy, consistency and compliance with existing guidelines, financial and advertising regulations and laws, including but not limited to UDAP, and brand alignment. The types of marketing collateral for review include card member communications, telescripts and other collateral related to benefits, offers and events for Card Members
- Working closely with other stakeholders including Compliance, Corporate Affairs, Brand, Pricing, Risk, Operational Excellence and Legal subject matter experts to ensure application of policies, procedures, and practices to comply with all applicable laws and regulations
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s degree and J.D. and qualified to practice law in relevant jurisdiction (Candidates with this qualification will be given the title of Associate Counsel; those without it will be given the title of Legal Manager.)
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands while maintaining high attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively, in both oral and written format
- Ability to build relationships and partner with others to drive results
- Capacity to be agile and pivot appropriately when challenged with new information or evolving circumstances
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Travel: Little to none
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2019, 12:01:00 AM