American Express Careers
- Familiarity with Agile.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
- Deals well with ambiguous/under-defined problems; strong logical reasoning.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation is a plus.
This Sr. Engineer should have:
Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Demonstrated substantial experience with object-oriented design and programming (C# or Java preferred).
- Demonstrated experience with test driven development methodology.
- Strong experience with relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL etc.).
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Mongo DB etc.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients.
- Experience with Big Data platforms/tools is a plus.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Substantial experience with Agile.
- Demonstrated experience with automated build and test frameworks.
- Experience with container technology, such as Docker, a plus.
- Experience with software development and collaboration tools (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.), a plus.
- Experience with Git a plus.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Strong work ethic with good time management with ability to work with diverse teams and lead meetings.
- Experience collaborating with the business to drive requirements/Agile story analysis.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 2:43:44 PM