American Express Careers
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
Software Engineer’s that join our Technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing new virtual Internet-based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web-based applications for card member targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets.
The Global Technology Architecture organization designs and architects technology products that meet the business needs for the Global Service Network business unit. This is a solution architect position, reporting to the Staff Architect, wherein the candidate will draw on a deep technical background in system development, and apply architecture techniques to design architectures and technical strategies. This position is based in the Sunrise, Florida area.
- Responsible for the technical direction of GSN platforms, providing consulting expertise.
- Leveraging business and technical knowledge to support business strategies and deliver business value.
- Plays an integral role in building and enhancing the infrastructure required to support the Global Service Network platforms in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency.
- Works with the directors of business and technical architecture to identify technical solutions in support of the strategic direction.
- Interacts with business partners to share and direct architecture practices that may affect business solution delivery.
- Ensures that technical architecture and design documentation is completed to a high standard of quality.
- Provides architectural governance, reviewing projects to ensure alignment to architectural and technical strategy.
- Reviews estimates for software development and delivery to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Provides architectural thought leadership on new development projects and strategic initiatives that influence the technical investment of the platform.
- Responsible for having a comprehensive knowledge of the development project lifecycle, and the ability to interface effectively with various technology and business partners.
- Provide expertise to development teams on application development processes, technical architecture, and systems integration. This expertise should also extend to providing detailed guidance at the level of code, as required.
- Conduct hands-on research and complex investigations across complex delivery efforts.
- Conduct hands-on development of working prototypes to validate proposed solutions and minimize risk associated with delivery efforts.
- Responsible for setting up and driving architectural design and code reviews.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 10+ years of active architecture, design, engineering, and implementation experience in a complex enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the development of executable technology strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing highly available, fault-tolerant, scalable solution architectures.
- Demonstrated ability in Performance tuning and capacity planning of complex applications and infrastructure software / hardware stacks.
- Ability to participate in the prevention, diagnosis, and resolution of system outages as an expert in the underlying architecture.
- Proven ability to transform business requirements into high quality technology solutions.
- Understanding of and experience with core GSNT platforms a plus.
- Hands on experience in developing SOAP and REST web services.
- Proficiency in developing highly available applications using JQuery, Angular JS, HTML5, CSS3, MDBs, JDBC, JNDI, Spring, Java Beans, XML, XSLT, JAXB, JAXP, DB2, and various Design Patterns.
- Recent hands-on experience engineering highly available and responsive web-based portal applications.
- Recent hands-on experience in the development of enterprise-grade API(s).
- Expert level solution architecture skills with wide-ranging experience; able to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Familiar with architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF.
- Experience architecting, performing detailed design, and deploying critical Java Enterprise Edition applications. Experience with WAS 8.5/JBOSS 6.4 a plus.
- Experience is Mainframe and Distributed infrastructures preferred.
- Experience with No SQL Databases a plus.
- Experience with Micro services based architecture, Docker, Openshift and Cloud based applications a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Splunk, App Dynamics a plus.
- Pega 7 BPM experience preferred.
- Experience with Robotics, Blue Prism Bots a plus.
- Must have prior technical leadership experience.
- Must have working knowledge of industry standards for information security.
- Experience working on the Linux or UNIX platforms. Exposure to multiple platforms is a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2019, 10:39:57 AM