American Express Careers
Engineering Director - Network Services, Converged Infrastructure
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- Build world-class team of Infrastructure Engineers and Infrastructure developers to develop scalable and agile Infrastructure services.
- Lead Network Services team in delivering agile infrastructure while ensuring 99.999% uptime.
- Innovate with cloud Native architectures and enable infrastructure services as code
- Drive the program to Improve the availability of the infrastructure platform.
- Build automation to dynamically provision, Integrate and scale the Network Functions.
- 3-5 years of experience in leading engineering teams in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience of Load Balancers and Global Traffic Managers.
- In-depth of understanding of DDI platforms is a plus
- Strong understanding of systems engineering and cloud technologies like service meshes, infrastructure as code are a plus.
- Experience in converting network services into NFV model
- Experience in systems monitoring and operationalization of Infrastructure platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of Web scale architectures.
- Knowledge of Programming languages like Java, Go or Python is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 4, 2019, 11:47:44 PM