American Express Careers
Analyst-Compliance - Global Legal Inventory
- Supporting the design and maintenance of the strategy and methodology to develop and maintain a robust legal inventory of U.S. and International laws, rules and regulations that relate to American Express in partnership with key stakeholders across multiple functions such as the General Counsel's Office, Technologies and Compliance Officers.
- Partnering with Technologies to support the design and implementation of Compliance Program capabilities and providing key business requirements.
- Maintaining supporting policies, procedures and operating manuals setting standards and best practices for maintaining the legal inventory.
- Providing support, guidance, training, communications and advice to members of the General Counsel's Office, Compliance Officers, third party providers and other stakeholders.
- Developing and distributing routine reporting to impacted stakeholders.
- Maintaining strong working partnerships with the General Counsel's Office, Compliance Officers, key subject matter experts and other stakeholders across other risk disciplines.
- Knowledge of legal requirements applicable to American Express and its products, services and legal entities.
- Knowledge of regulatory change management, Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management in terms of strategy and planning, organizing and executing risk processes.
- Experience in governance, risk and compliance systems/capabilities and operations in a regulated business or financial services company.
- Experience in agile development methodologies (preferably SAFe).
- Experience in complex, multi-market regulatory compliance projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact, persuade and influence a broad spectrum of constituents at all levels, including Senior Leadership teams.
- Strong relationship and leadership skills, with proven ability to build strong relationships and motivate and develop talent.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix structure that spans multiple functions, markets and legal entities.
- Self-motivated and a team player with ability to drive results in changing and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding judgment and flexibility, identifying and reacting to critical issues in a timely manner.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2019, 3:22:26 PM