American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr. Manager-Risk Management
This position is in the Enterprise Digital and Analytics – Global Customer Data Science team and is responsible for driving positive value for the US Consumer base, our internal partners and shareholders through best-in-class decision science. This role will primarily work on improving the intelligence of Ask AMEX and other internal natural language processing (NLP)/chat capabilities. We are looking for candidates who have extensive knowledge and practical experience in statistical modeling, machine learning and programming, and who possess a passion for innovation and data exploration. Candidates with practical experiences in building NLP solutions are strongly preferred.
- Manage internal partnerships to ensure a research-friendly and harmonious work environment
- Work with the decision science team and internal partners to manage deliverable executions, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines. Minimize timeline deviations by clearly identifying program risks and communication of strategies
- Proactively communicate key issues and any other critical topics in a timely manner to the appropriate management level and/or to any other relevant project team members
- Facilitate regular team meetings, issue and maintain written minutes, follow up on action items, and manage internal research/development timelines
- Provide rigorous analytics solutions to support critical business functions and support machine learning solutions prototyping
- Serve as an analytics expert with in-depth knowledge on solutions and KPI logic to support various business functions
- Value Proposition:
- A successful candidate will develop
- Project/product management skills to manage the development and maintenance of sophisticated analytical/mathematical artificial intelligence solutions
- Technical communication skills to deliver highly technical details to diverse audiences
- Advance analytical/data mining skills to derive business insights and address critical business problems
- Masters/PhDs in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operation Research, etc.) with hands-on experience leveraging sophisticated analytical and machine learning techniques. Strong preference for candidates with 1-2+ years of working experience driving business results.
- PhDs with practical experience in building NLP solutions are strongly preferred.
- Expertise in an analytical language (Python, R, or the equivalent), and experience with databases (Hive, SQL, or the equivalent). Programming experience in Java/C++/Scala a significant plus.
- Prior experience working with TB scale datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, Spark, or the equivalent).
- Deep understanding of machine learning/statistical algorithms such as neural networks/deep learning, boosting and reinforcement learning. Experience with data visualization a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to frame business problems into mathematical programming problems, leverage external thinking and tools (from academia and/or other industries) to engineer a solvable solution to deliver business insights and optimal control policy.
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to construct and deliver the best solution to the problem, ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on projects.
- Team player with strong relationship building, management and influencing skills.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2019, 5:05:10 PM