American Express Careers
Data Scientist - Machine Learning
Business Unit Introduction:
This position is in the Enterprise Digital and Analytics – Global Customer Data Science team and is responsible for driving positive value for the consumer base, our internal partners and shareholders through best-in-class data and decision science.
Our team is the decision science team with emphasis on optimization, simulation, reinforcement learning, and Natural Language Processing (NLP). We are responsible for the innovation of the AMEX Chatbot module and the optimization layer of Orchestra, a cross-channel content delivery system.
Responsibilities and Value Proposition:
- applying rigorious data science and optimization techniques on digital advertising,
- helping our customer care professionals to reolve card members' issues faster and more accurately by utilizing NLP techniques,
- collaborating with internal production teams to build and launch machine learning products,
- monitoring and delivering insightful analytics on model performances.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to develop a research & development career in the digital payments space while learning and applying related machine learning techniques from data collection to advertisement distribution channels, including chatbot.
- Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, (Applied) Mathematics, and/or Operations Research.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of linear algebra and hypothesis testing.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience on machine learning techniques including regression & classification methods, boosting methods, and neural networks.
- Basic theoretical and algorithmic understanding of stochastic processes and statistical modeling, e.g. Dynamic Programming, Markov Decision Process, and Language Modeling.
- Proficient in Python (along with TensorFlow and/or PyTorch), Hive, and Spark.
- Independent contributor with strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- PhD with 1-2 years of practical experience in building machine learning production modules.
- Hands-on experience with ad-ranking and dialog management
- Prior experience on building interactive prototypes using Django and visualizing data using D3.js.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2019, 5:17:25 PM