American Express Careers
Project Analyst I
The Global Card Issuance (GCI) Inventory Team is responsible for forecasting, ordering, and monitoring ~1,000 unique materials (cards & paper stock) for markets within the Americas region. To accomplish this it coordinates activities with a variety of internal (ex: Marketing, Compliance, and Brand) and external partners (Card & Print vendors). Its objective is to order the right amount material at the right time in order to minimize a) the risk of stockouts and, b) inventory costs in the most efficient manner possible.
The successful candidate will help support the objective by:
- Developing and maintaining best in class forecasting models for material usage. The output will drive material order plans, manufacturing forecasts, and will assist Operations colleagues in assessing issuance capacity at various issuance partners.
- Developing algorithms that calculate the risk profile of each material for the purpose of determining safety stock levels and reorder points
- Preparing Inventory reporting to be used by operations colleagues so they can effectively and efficiently execute on the material ordering plan
- Updating Card Manufacturing forecasts so that manufacturing partners can plan material requirements in advance of orders
- Identifying and implementing solutions designed to standardize transactional and operational processes
- This role will also be responsible for leading or supporting projects related to strategic initiatives
- The position requires the ability to correctly prioritize among multiple tasks in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Superior analytical skills. A background in statistics would be a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience in developing complex forecasting models
- Supply Chain Optimization experience would be a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or related field strongly preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 2:39:27 PM