American Express Careers
Analyst / Senior Analyst - Strategic Planning
The Strategy, Planning and Development (SP&D) team facilitates informed decision-making by Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) leadership, supporting organizational priorities with analytics, reporting, investment planning and management and project-based consulting.
Within SP&D, the Investment Planning team owns the end to end investment management and planning processes. These processes support the annual planning, prioritization and allocation as well as the in-year forecasting, tracking and management of funding across the GMNS organization globally.
The Investment Planning team work closely with business partners and teams around the globe to understand investment strategies and requests and assess their strategic fit with the organization’s goals and funding capacity. The Investment Planning team’s work is highly visible and provides an opportunity to interact with multiple stakeholders across the globe and gain a deep understanding and insight of the drivers of our business.
The team is looking for an Analyst / Senior Analyst to join the dynamic team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working with others, is passionate about the payments industry, data accuracy, ownership and accountability, and ongoing process optimization and improvement.
- Act as data point person for the team – will be the owner & custodian of all investment related data, ensuring full accuracy & completeness at all times through ownership of master documents
- Analyze large sets of data, and provide reporting and insights within tight timelines
- Prepare visual content for review by senior leadership Excel and PowerPoint
- Identify, create and execute enhancements to existing tools, dashboards, and processes to simplify and streamline the team’s work
- Assist as relationship manager to internal business teams and key business partners, including Finance and Technology departments
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are critical for success in this role
- Strong quantitative, qualitative & analytical skills with high data accuracy & superior attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills, both written and verbal, with ability to interact with stakeholders across all management levels
- Curiosity, a willingness to learn & a sense of ownership and accountability are essential
- Experience with investment planning & forecasting and analysis & reporting desired
- Has a sense of humor and has the ability to have fun at work
- MBA / college degree a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2019, 7:13:52 PM