American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager - Regional Custom Consulting
Overview of the Department:
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
This Manager/Senior Manager position will be a merchant-facing subject matter expert responsible for end-to-end project ownership for marketing and insights consultation with prioritized Regional and National US Merchants. Role responsibilities include driving the consultative sales process, drafting proposals, managing marketing engagements (print, digital, etc.), presenting findings to merchant clients and other strategic projects as necessary. The Manager / Senior Manager is also responsible for end-to-end campaign implementation and will work with teams including Marketing Execution Specialists, Creative Agencies and Client Management to deliver marketing solutions.
A strong candidate should be able to construct customized card member segmentation, recommend marketing channels and offer constructs, and compile campaign result presentations. Successful candidates will be self-driven, positive, naturally curious, detail oriented, strategic thinkers who are highly collaborative, detail oriented, highly effective at communicating and influencing internal and external partners. Candidates should have a successful track record in driving multiple projects from inception to conclusion with a focus on flawless execution.
- Effective partner management experience, including a track record of success building/nurturing relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong executive presence with the ability to probe/diagnose merchant needs and propose real-time customized solutions
- Strategic thinker with a bias towards action, “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to operate and adapt in a fast-paced, innovative and ever-changing environment
- Strong problem solving, project management, analytical and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented, with ability to multitask and prioritize across a portfolio of clients and projects
- MBA or equivalent is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2019, 9:36:30 AM