Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Guide business partners and customers in appropriate accounting items in accordance with polies to ensure integrity of financial records
- Act as the relationship lead with the shared service center and respond to and resolve accounting related queries raised by business partners.
- Prepare and submit all statutory and regulatory reporting on a timely basis
- Provide analysis of financial data as required to support reporting requirements and audits.
- Support external auditors and regulators as directed by Manager during external audits and regulatory reviews.
- Conduct research as required on regulation and laws.
- Review of month end accounting entries and ensure compliance to relevant internal policy, local and US GAAP accounting rules.
- Review of accounting entries passed by other finance and non Finance teams enabling identification, reporting and escalation of unusual in a timely manner.
- Undertake all aspects of the monthly P&L /Balance Sheet Review activities in accordance with policy guideline and as directed by Manager
- Contribute toward process improvements to create efficiencies and eliminate non-value added work.
- Assist accounting manager and market controller with adhoc projects.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- At least 3 years of Finance/accounting experience.
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP
- High proficiency in MS-Office applications
- Strong command of English (verbal and written)
- A fast/keen learner with the ability to learn a detailed process quickly
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- US CPA or Japan CPA is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2019, 5:04:13 AM