American Express Careers
Manager - Risk Management
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Global Precision Marketing and Channel Analytics is responsible for devising plans to drive acquisition through channels where the prospect is identifiable and can be targeted with personalized offers. The team is also mandated to design and implement controls to curb gaming in prospect channels for all markets. The team specializes in decision science using both statistical & ML tools, segmentation, ROI analysis and capability implementation.
Purpose of the Role:
Incumbent will be part of the team responsible for gaming control. The candidate will be required to work on sizing the opportunity of gaming controls, designing and implementing the best in class solution and track performance of the implemented controls.
Manage analyst(s) and provide guidance and structuring of tasks and responsibilities, as well as career development
Develop models/business strategy for gaming control
Evaluate ROI/financial impact of gaming program through simulations and post-facto analysis
Evaluate new data sources to maximize coverage of gamer behaviors
Coordinate with stakeholders and partners to manage, plan, implement and monitor controls
• Enhance Marketing processes and leverage data insights to improve acquisition efficiency
• Realize Business Benefit using below metrics:
o Process Efficiency and cost optimization
o New Accounts Acquired (NAA)/Build Business Acquired (BBA)-Vintage (V)/Average Daily Balance
o Sentinel Disruption Rates
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
3+ years in a relevant prior role
Post Graduate in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/ Engineering/Management
Analytics & Insights & Targeting
Advanced Statistical Techniques
Data mining Techniques
Python, Hive, SAS, SQL
Knowledge of Platforms:
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 1:02:25 AM