American Express Careers
Account Sales Manager Business Cards – Small & Medium Enterprise (SME), Global Commercial Payments (German Speaker)
Anyone can offer a product.
It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
Our Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Account Management teams are focused on helping business owners in managing their finances, improve cash flow and stay in control of everyday expenses, whilst earning rewards at the same time. We’re partners who know how the support we give helps our customers to achieve business success. It’s a fast growing global team that continues to be the growth engine of American Express Global Corporate Payments and as such is a critical part of our strategic vision.
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities. As an integral part of the team you will:
- Full managerial responsibility of a portfolio of German top SME clients with clear focus on portfolio growth and long-term account retention strategy.
- Identify client needs with American Express products and services and sell appropriate value components to create greater customer engagement.
- Proactively manage an effective pipeline, identifying and prioritising opportunities to achieve and exceed profitable growth targets.
- Consistently seek out new sources for expansion opportunities e.g. self-generated, client referrals, subsidiaries or sister companies.
- Ensuring premium value is delivered aligned with clients goals, delivering a positive customer experience and achieves customer advocacy.
- Understanding client’s opportunities, threats and risks to maintain and grow relationship.
- Operating effectively in a fast-paced evolving environment to collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Native level German and fluency in English written and spoken.
- Background working for/in the German Market
- Self-driven and results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on achieving and exceeding targets and goals
- Challenger mindset with the ability to think creatively to identify new business opportunities
- A natural forward planner who is highly organized and has the ability to manage multiple customers at different stages of the sales process
- Ability to work independently whilst also collaborating with team members in different markets to maximize individual and company performance.
- Exceptional communication skills – including German native language skills and fluency in English (spoken and written), ability to speak confidently with senior executives, capacity to influence decision-makers
- Ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of each client’s needs to drive results and identify new business opportunities
- Previous experience in a sales role would be a plus
What do we offer in return?
- A competitive package that includes an incentive scheme under that rewards you with excellent earning potential based on your personal performance contribution.
- The company has a strong personal development philosophy, offering continuous training opportunities, looking to develop people internally wherever possible
- Stable company with excellent growth, in a fun, dynamic, modern, multicultural and flexible working environment
Benefits and perks:
- Medical Insurance
- Life and Accident Coverage
- 9€ per day in Meal Vouchers
- Amex personal card with no annual fee
- Annual Educational and Language Allowances
- Possibility to work from home
- Sports, Voluntary activities, healthy minds and living program
- New state of the art offices, very well connected just near to Feria de Madrid and the airport.
- Amex cafeteria, shower rooms, international collaborative library and many other building facilities
- And lots more!
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2019, 6:01:30 AM