American Express Careers
Procurement- Category manager
- Develop sourcing strategy, execute sourcing events, and develop solutions with suppliers
- Lead strategic sourcing process (RFI/RFP/RFQ), for multiple projects in line with the category strategy
- Develop options, evaluation solutions and construct deals with third parties (with an enterprise mindset)
- Create detailed scoping requirements for specific projects and in support of overall category strategy
- Leverage internal and external insights for most effective results. (i.e. analytics, benchmarking, etc.)
- Develop commercial deal framework, negotiate key business terms and partner with Contract Strategy & Execution team on end-to end negotiation plan and contract execution.
- Build strong partnership with select strategic suppliers and manages them effectively
- Drive operational efficiency and effectiveness in the sourcing process
- Captures savings and value created for each negotiation
- Ability to travel 20%
- Support a variety of American Express Business Units - Strong Qualifications related to Procurement in Marketing, Technologies Telemarketing and Professional Services are desirable.
- Bachelor of Science / Business Degree
- Mandatory Full English language proficiency (Business)
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant business experience
- Strong procurement/sourcing process knowledge
- Strong Experience leading and participating on cross-functional and/or global teams
- Strong relationship management skills able to become a true business partner and a trusted advisor
- Deep understanding of the market opportunities and the broader business issues – Across different markets, cultures business practices and a broad set of commodities.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, planning, presentation and motivation
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to manage day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables
- Passion for using analytics to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom line results
- Strong communication skills a must
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- Strong Procurement experience developing innovative solutions across different commodity categories.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2019, 7:33:18 PM