American Express Careers
Data Engineer - Converged Infrastructure
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
What would your responsibilities be in this role? You will . . .
- Collaborate with multiple partners to assist with data input and reporting automation, creating tracking metrics, deployment planning, execution, and deliver new converged infrastructure capabilities that truly improve the overall experience for our customers and teams
- Review data requirements/data stories and corresponding data sources and data architecture
- Support management of data assets as per the enterprise standards, guidelines and policies
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and enthusiasm in developing elite CI services
- Find opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Communicate and work closely with business and product teams to support changes and implementation
- Utilize and define midrange operational standards, requirements and associated documentation – ensure all processes are clear and auditable
- Effectively implement plans with cooperative engagement from technical leaders and business partners
- Work with multiple teams to share ideas and deliver positive financial outcomes
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment? Then this opportunity should be perfect and you are encouraged to apply.
- Up to two years of software development or data analytics experience
- Self-motivated with strong data management skills
- Ambitious with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external partners
- Exposure to Power BI, Tableau, SQL 2012 & 2016, Scripting languages (Python, PowerShell), MS Excel and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of distributed systems, algorithms, and relational and non-relational databases
- Inspires confidence and the ability to handle ambiguity, multiple tasks, shifting priorities and set schedule to meet deliverables (works with a positive attitude, be flexible, and prioritize tasks)
- Strategic thinker, who is able to combine technical skills with overall business strategy to creatively resolve complex problems in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Shows a genuine personal dedication to successfully completing all projects with an ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2019, 3:33:18 PM