American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to VP Commercial New Accounts Risk Management. The role includes calendar management, complex travel arrangements, timely and thorough expense management, and general administrative activities in support of the Team across US and India.
- Coordination and oversight of meeting logistics, including booking facilities, audio and visual setup, transportation, catering, production of materials
- Calendar management, including the coordination of complex meetings with internal and external parties, across multiple time zones
- Prepare and reconcile expenses
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements, both domestic and international
- Management of attendance tracking and reporting for the team
- Support on-boarding, off-boarding of team members
- Support ad hoc project work as directed by leadership
- 3+ years’ experience in an Executive Administrative Assistant role in a large matrix organization
- Experience managing multiple calendars and scheduling complex global meetings across time zones
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Technical proficiency in Amex-specific systems, such as Ariba, Concur Expense Management, and the HR payroll system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong focus on attention to detail and execution
- Strong relationship, interpersonal and networking skills including the ability to interact with senior leaders
- High degree of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues with complete confidentiality
- Strong accountability, sense of responsibility, and commitment to the role. Flexible, proactive, and easily adaptable to changing priorities
- High energy, positive attitude and ability to prioritize and work on own initiative as well as with a team
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and execute across multiple initiatives
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Educational requirement: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 12:19:56 PM