American Express Careers
Business Development Executive, Small Business Services
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- You will primarily be prospecting for new customers— through existing leads, cold calling, and maximizing lead generation (using CRM tool to source leads)
- You will manage all sales activities— leads, campaigns, referrals & self-generated leads— in a timely manner
- You will track and report sales performance— including pipeline, acquisition results, and market conditions
- You will engage in regular portfolio planning to set priorities & project annual forecasts
- You will serve as the interface between American Express and the customer to resolve any application processing issues, and drive the on-boarding of new customers
- Learns quickly and understands complex information without difficulty
- Performs complex calculations and data-based decision-making on a regular basis and is comfortable communicating complex data to clients and prospects
- Able to focus on several sales objectives at a time
- Flexible with sales strategies— able to use a direct approach to selling but also appreciates the subtle aspects of sales negotiation
- Questions the motivations and actions of prospects and clients, as appropriate
- Performs best when given room to make decisions independently
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2019, 12:57:18 AM