Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
**This position is a contractor expecting to work 2-3 days a week until the end of Dec. 2019.
- Post day to day accounting entries and support payment processes with accuracy and completeness
- Prepare Japan GAAP to US GAAP accounting reconciliation
- Review of month end accounting entries and ensure compliance to relevant internal policy, local and USGAAP accounting rules
- Identify internal control gaps and propose improvements / enhancements
- Substantiate and recnocile of month end balance
- Establish internal policies if necessary
- Undertake all aspects of monthly PL/BS review activities in accordance with policy guideline and as directed by leager
- Provide analysis of financial data as required to support reporting requirements and audits
- Conduct research as required on regulation and laws
- Contribute toward process improvements to create efficiencies and eliminate non-value added work
- Respond to and resolve reporting related queries raised by local market customers, business partners, and regional finance team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.