American Express Careers
Product Manager - CX Journeys
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it
The Product Manager, CX Journeys will play a significant role in shaping the strategy and implementation for seamless and connected customer servicing journeys across all channels. The incumbent will be a key member of the omnichannel strategy team and will work closely with key technology, product, and business partners. He/She will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, prioritization, technical acumen, project management, communication, and organizational skills.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Define and prioritize roadmap, product, and feature requirements for key customer journeys through technical acumen, a customer-first perspective, and strong relationships across engineering and product teams
Ensure clear priorities and shared goals to orchestrate the transformation of technology capabilities needed for a true omnichannel experience, partnering closely with delivery/product teams
Steer and deliver project stand-ups, working sessions, communications, and shared tools to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to coordinate critical issues and issue resolution, to facilitate decision-making, and to build trust.
Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps.
Leverage the evolving technical landscape as needed, including Robotics, AI, Big Data, Machine Learning and other technologies to deliver breakthrough insights in servicing
Establish data analysis for omnichannel to clearly define success and failure points and leverage insights to guide feature/capability prioritization and delivery.
Manage launch of new features with product and business teams (including any related training, communications, legal, marketing…)
Draft impactful and comprehensive communications, presentations, and talking points for key business reviews, executive presentations, and discussions
QualificationsEvery member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership, and business core competencies, including:
- 5+ years of experience defining and delivering customer-first products and features with modern technology - devoted to customer-first thinking
- Self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and prioritization with limited guidance
- Outstanding influential and collaboration skills; ability to drive consensus and tangible outcomes, demonstrated by breaking down silos and fostering cross-team communication
- Demonstrated technical acumen paired with expert project management, organization, and planning skills applied in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with strong personal presence; active listening skills, summarization skills, and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities
- Understanding of complex software delivery including build, test, deployment, and operations; conversant in AI, ML, and Big Data concepts and technology stack
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2019, 10:12:00 AM