American Express Profesiones
GPS - Control & Compliance Analyst
Atención al cliente
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
As a member of the Global Payments Servicing (GPS) Team, this position is core in the end to end Payment Process for Mexico and LAC markets.
The position´s main responsibilities are to ensure we are complying with local Banking regulations and internal Policies, in specific for Remittances and/or Payments.
- Maintain close relationships with authorities, such as, National Banking Commission and Central Bank
- Maintain and improve relations with Banks and Retailers ("Corresponsales Bancarios")
- Review and keep contracts updated
- Support and facilitate Internal and External Audits
- Develop and implement strong controls for the Operation
- Manage TLM for our vendors
- Work closely with Compliance, Risk and GCO to ensure there are no gaps in the processes and/or legal and regulatory affairs
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Strong analytical capabilities with an excellent understanding of company financials, cost accounting, process unit costs
- Excellent communication skills in order to present key financial information effectively at all levels of both American Express and the partners
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Customer focused
- Good problem solving abilities
- Ability to set objectives and priorities quickly and accurately
- Vendor management skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Tiempo completo
Date Posted: 11/04/2019, 17:12:40