American Express Careers
Manager, Strategy & Business Planning GMS ANZ
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Lead the development of the GMS market strategy by coordinating at the VP-level and aligning functional and market priorities.
- Support Country Manager Model (CMM) through a deep understanding of the business needs of each LOB, providing analytics on key initiatives, and leading the development of project plans to address business challenges.
- Strategic and tactical leadership of GMS, cross-functional and international projects as required to support business priorities.
- Consolidate market intel and trends and provide insights on implications and strategic recommendations for the GMS business / Blue Box.
Lead the communication plan for the GMS A/NZ market including Townhalls, business unit reviews (BURs), colleague communications.
Lead the GMS A/NZ Culture and Engagement plan.
Lead the SQP process and ongoing P&L and A&P management.
Lead the planning, reporting and forecasting process for Acquisition and Client Management – BCV, DBV, New / Active Locations in Force.
Ensure GMS scorecards and metric align with global, regional and local market strategies.
- Strong Leadership Behaviours
- Strong work ethic and relationship-building/collaborating skills.
- Highly numerate including general P&L understanding
- Senior stakeholder management.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Influencing skills to drive results.
- Informing strategy through analytics and insights.
- Proactive, solutions-oriented approach.
- Project management skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2019, 6:00:26 PM