American Express Careers
About American Express
Don't live life without it. Don't do business without it.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services. An engine of commerce, American Express provides innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Most of all, we help our customers realize their dreams and aspirations through industry-leading benefits, access to unique experiences, business-building insights, and global customer care. We enable our customers to do and achieve more.
Overview of the Program:
INVICTUS is a multi-year rotational program designed to develop high potential, entry-level individuals into future leaders. This is accomplished through challenging and rewarding rotational assignments, technical and leadership training, interactions with senior leadership, and mentorship opportunities. Employees are assigned to rotations based on business needs and aligned to develop critical experiences. In addition to their assignments, employees receive mentoring from peers and senior leaders during their assignment. The program is designed to strengthen the individuals’ leadership and cross-functional capabilities.
Embark on a unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Your Year 1 will involve 3 job rotations of 4 months each. This will involve working in different Lines of businesses and projects across Digital Marketing and Analytics (Financial & Customer Analytics) roles. Each project will have clear deliverables and actionables that will be shared with you at an appropriate time.
The roles during cross functional stints may include following responsibilities:
1. Digital Marketing
a. Financial Analytics
b. Customer Analytics
Upon completion of Year 1 projects, you will be assigned to work with a Line of Business basis business need and skill match.
Deliverables over the two areas may include one or more of the below:
Digital Marketing –
· Interacting with internal & external stakeholders to explore new partnerships and drive end-to-end campaign planning.
· Driving online capabilities to encourage customers to leverage online application platform.
· Utilizing Social media platforms to drive acquisitions.
· Leading competitive research and benchmarking for customer acquisition.
· Driving digital campaigns through media agencies, publishers, ad networks, etc. tracking various performance metrics (delivery, open rates, click through rates, etc.)
· Ensuring best customer experience by enabling capabilities to address customer queries.
· Analyzing large amounts of customer or prospect data to derive business insights and create innovative solutions to solve complex business problems. The outcomes could vary across maximizing spend visibility, identifying savings opportunities, recommending solutions to improve payment processes and demonstrating value for American Express using right data.
· New Product development and related research
o Constantly monitoring industry trends and ensure development of products to keep them relevant to client needs and today’s era
o Researching competition and best in class industry solutions to constantly increase domain knowledge on oneself and team
o Looking for opportunities to develop new products to solve client needs in a more effective manner
· Developing, deploying and validating diagnostic, predictive & prescriptive methods of problem solving. This may include modelling and using big data.
· Developing, reviewing and/or executing data integration logics for analytical solutions
· Designing, developing and deploying process transformation and automation solutions by using leading edge technologies
· Providing analytical support to consulting engagements on business or customer defines problem statements
Qualifications and Skills Required:
Final year MBA post graduate with a strong analytics/ digital marketing acumen. Applicants should have demonstrated previous leadership experience in field of study / extracurricular activity / undergraduate research / prior work experience. Other expectations:
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently with complex, unstructured initiatives
· Strategic thinking & challenge the status quo to deliver innovative resulting in a competitive advantage and commercial performance
· Ability to drive project deliverables to achieve business results & work effectively in a team environment
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Exposure to the new-age technologies including Robotics Process Automation, Natural Language Processing/ Generation and Machine learning will be preferred
· Other exposures that will be a value add: SAS, Python, Hive, Tableau, Blue Prism, VBA, ICM (Incentive Compensation Management), Self-help tools / Servicing experience, Project management – Six sigma
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 5:06:36 AM