American Express Careers
Manager - Data, Strategy & Insights
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Commerical Insights within Data, Strategy & Insights (DS&I) India team provides actionable data driven insights and consultative solutions to corporate clients across the globe on their spend data on Amex.
Purpose of the Role:
Develop best fit solutions using advanced analytics, AI and machine learning by consulting with clients/internal stakeholders and researching best in class solutions in industry for corporate card spend
Leverage machine learning algorithms to solve complex use cases of clients such as cost driver analysis, predicting next stage of delinquency, non-compliance/fraud scoring
• Perform analysis on key customers (“premium servicing”) spend leveraging Amex Data to help maximize spend visibility, identify savings opportunities and recommend solutions to improve payment processes and help demonstrate the value of American Express data
• Provide analytical support to consulting engagements on Benchmarking, Preferred Supplier Programs, T & E / B2B and Purchasing Process, Policy Analysis and Performance Measurement
• New Product development and Research
⎼ Constantly monitor industry trends and ensure development of products to keep them relevant to client needs and today’s era
- Use advanced analytics and machine learning to drive accurate actionable insights
⎼ Research competition and best in class industry solutions to constantly increase domain knowledge on oneself and team
⎼ Look for opportunities to develop new products to solve client needs in a more effective manner
• Drive in-depth analysis for deep client engagement to drive value for client and help retain and further grow client for American Express
• Project Management / Process Champion
⎼ Manage multiple products as a project manager, constantly looking to enhance the product basis research or client feedback
⎼ Perform Feasibility analysis on developmental needs to evaluate value to client and American Express
⎼ Should own the communication with stakeholders to gather requirements, development agenda and launch of products to clients
⎼ Create the timelines and launch dates of development agenda you own.
1. Being proactive in taking initiatives
2. Being innovative and thinking out of box
Minimum of 3 years of experience in analytics domain
Experience should be in respectable known firms such as Accenture, EXL, Dunhumby, usigma, Citi, BCG, Mckensey
Minimum bachelor degree from reputed institute
Database handling & manipulation
Machine learning exposure
SAS or Python
Machine Learning exposure such as logistic regression, clustering, neuralnet
Added advantage - Tableau
Not a criteria
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 10:10:37 AM