American Express Careers
VP, Enterprise Data & Content Platforms
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. With our mix of assets like rewards, benefits, and members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
In order to deliver on a seamless and connected customer experience across channels, the Enterprise Digital Platform team is driving the roadmap for the core platform capabilities, the One Amex platform, that will enable this experience across the enterprise globally. We are looking for a VP of Enterprise Data & Content Platforms who will drive the vision and strategy of the capabilities for real-time event capture, test and learn and content management. It is increasingly important to be able to provide a personalized experience for our customers and in order to do so, it is critical to be able to capture all user interactions in real-time, across channels, and with a clear definition of the data in order to derive insights and act on it. It is also critical for the platform to provide capabilities to facilitate an easy way for these experiences to be tested and iterated on. And finally, it is critical that all of the experiences are supported by a scalable content management platform that supports the needs of the teams globally and across the enterprise. The goal of the One Amex platform is to enable scale and speed to market from both a software development standpoint as well as the right toolset to enable a seamless customer experience enterprise wide and globally.
The successful individual ensures that the new platform meets the evolving needs of the enterprise through continuous innovation, evaluation and deployment. This role requires strong organizational, technical, creative problem-solving and stakeholder management skills and have the ability to influence across multiple levels of leadership. This person must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures and be able to coordinate the efforts of a large Agile team (stakeholders, designers, developers and analytics) to deploy the new platform across markets and products.
This is an exciting and critical role that will help drive the future roadmap of the global platform for enabling best in class digital experiences at American Express. You’ll work among high performing design, product and engineering teams. We are looking for someone who is deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, has an entrepreneurial background and a maniacal focus on driving results.
Does the above sound like you?
· Gather the global platform requirements for data and content platforms
· Define and articulate a long-term software product strategy and roadmap with clearly defined business metrics and outcomes
· Lead a team of product owners to translate software product roadmap into well defined requirements and acceptance test criteria
· Work with technology team to prioritize innovation spikes to inform future roadmap
· Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into requirements
· Communicate and build consensus across multiple departments in creating the software product roadmap
· Work closely with the technology team to develop the architecture as well as ensure the best in class agile software development processes are in place
· Produce ROI analyses and optimization recommendations
· Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs
· Lead a team of 10+ product owners
The successful candidate will have:
· 10+ years of experience in leading high performing agile teams in launching platforms and products working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools.;
· A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
· Loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
· The ability to set a high bar for your team and empower them to achieve great results
· A “driver” personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
· User-centricity - examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users’ problems.
· Experience working with large scale data platforms;
· Enthusiasm and passion for great platforms, products and services and an ability to articulate platform functionality; ·
· Understanding of the evolving highly competitive business environment and how to create a flexible and scalable platform that meets regulatory and security requirements;·
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment;
· High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability;
· An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline highly desired; comparable experience will be considered
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 4:31:31 PM