American Express Careers
Senior Analyst - Digital Product Management
Global Business Financing (GBF) operates as a “Fintech” group within the broader Commercial Services organization, offering a suite of innovative, non-card lending solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. GBF is a major strategic investment for the Blue Box and is expected to accelerate growth. Working Capital Terms (WCT) is a web-based product that provides a way for small business owners to pay and finance vendor invoices directly from their American Express online account. Since inception in 2016, the product has achieved strong growth, with continued plans to scale.
The Senior Analyst, Product Management is responsible for the end-to-end customer experience, feature development based on user research, UX/UI design, and optimizing Servicing operations. This person will support strategic planning and launch enhancements for the on-going improvement of WCT.
The ideal candidate for this role will own the voice of the customer, inspire multiple stakeholders and key business partners about the potential of our product and future of B2B lending, manage multiple business priorities, and develop creative solutions to meet customer needs to support the business growth of WCT. He/she will be a skillful communicator who enjoys a fast-paced environment, operates cross-functionally (both with business and technology stakeholders), and maintains a positive attitude and sense of humor in the face of challenges.
- Analyze and define customer and business needs to inform end-to-end product journey and feature UX/UI design, with a view on prioritization based on user and business values
- Develop and manage release plans for product features, as well as determine linkages to go-to-market channels and timelines
- Liase with customer Servicing team to optimize and deliver a best-in-class customer experience
- Play a key role in leading customer research efforts with internal and external Design Agencies
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including Capabilities, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Servicing, and others to communicate the product vision and align on high-level business needs for product enhancements
- Manage Legal and Compliance review and approval processes for product updates
- Collect and maintain customer and market intelligence, including customer & partner needs, market trends and competitive landscape to inform product strategy
- Strategic, customer-centric, and data-driven thinker with a demonstrated ability to identify customer insights and needs to improve product experience
- Self-starter who can generate new ideas in white-space and create buy-in for key initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrixed environment to achieve outcomes
- Background in digital product management, product development, and/or design preferred
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of B2B, small business payment or lending products preferred
- Comfort in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and evolving business demands
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 2:53:57 PM