American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr Mgr-Risk Management - Data Science
- Conduct independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues. Provide effective challenge to 1st line teams through independent reviews of critical processes
- Conduct ‘heads up’ risk management assessments by developing new smart monitoring approaches and algorithms to identify emerging risks in a timely manner
- Define and develop comprehensive key risk indicators and key performance indicators to support smart monitoring across key risk pillars
- Proactive in identifying Operational risk events, delivering and escalating key findings, and advising on recommended solutions to correct issues or mitigate risks
- Develop and enhance Machine Learning algorithms to mine structured and unstructured data sources
- Strong sense of integrity and the ability and willingness to challenge and be challenged
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Attention to details with ability to see the forest for the trees
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build productive relationships across teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Lead with an external perspective : Incorporate external influences on customer and business while assessing operational risk
- Research & Interview Skills: Highly inquisitive, curious and having a mindset of an investigator
- Self-proclaimed geek with data-oriented personality, and experience in large datasets: structured (SQL, Hive, Teradata) and unstructured data
- Proven programming skills and experience in at least 1 major programming language such as Python or R
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms or statistical analysis tools (experience in Spark/MLlib is an added plus)
- 0-3 years of experience in risk management or a similar role
- Strong business acumen with a risk-reward control perspective
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering or similar field of study or equivalent work experience is preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 9:44:34 AM