American Express Careers
Analyst – Merchant Interactive Development
Global Merchant Services (GMS) is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS is responsible for partnering with markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
In Global Merchant Interactive, we provide the digital tools, insights and support to help Merchants of all sizes manage every aspect of their American Express relationship securely and efficiently. We are responsible for the digital products and experiences enabling Merchants to manage their account, access customized experiences and tap into the value of the network and our data. This is a fast-growing team in an area of the business with significant strategic focus and sponsorship.
Within this group, we are looking for a Product Analyst who will help drive our platform vision globally. This is a great opportunity for someone to become part of an exciting and fast-paced team that is leading the delivery of digital products that allow Merchants to thrive with the powerful backing of American Express.
What You’ll Do
- Drive ideation, definition and prioritization of features/roadmap for key products offered through the Merchant Website and that support our servicing partners such as Chat and Customer Service Tool
- Work with an Agile team, partnering with the scrum master and engineers, to deliver against the product roadmap
- Support product managers with the implementation of new web and mobile features/enhancements
- Take PMO role for E2E initiatives to liaise with POs, tech teams, partners, and stakeholders
- Liaise with global stakeholders on partner initiatives, communications, and local compliance and approval processes
- Actively participate and contribute in Agile ceremonies
- Product and/or project management & development background (1-3 years of experience)
- Fast learner with a passion for online and digital products
- Strong project management skills, highly oriented to detail, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team oriented individual with superior written and verbal communication skills; has the ability to collaborate with and influence both internal and external partners
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and a “can do” attitude towards problem solving and decision making
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field (mandatory)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM) and tools (Rally), preferred
- Ability to travel (10%)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 11:55:03 PM