American Express Careers
Engineer - One SEO
Become part of the Digital Enterprise evolution by joining the American Express Technology team! In the Enterprise SEO team, we are constantly reimagining the SEO governance for American Express sites. This group is nimble, creative, and empowered to shape the SEO platform for the enterprise. We create robust React applications for internal site owners, marketing managers, and SEO agencies across geographies.
You will be part of a fast-paced Agile team building enterprise tools designed to improve the SEO governance of our sites.
Taking your place as a core member of an agile team and driving the latest development practices, your responsibilities will include:
- Building reusable cross platform components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Solid understanding on modular design and single responsibility principle
- Leading and mentoring a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to our businesses worldwide
- Capability tuning across browsers and mobile devices
- Troubleshooting issues and working with product support teams to resolve problems and perform root cause analysis
- Working closely with Product Owners in researching and prototyping new capabilities that improve the overall user experience
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day.
Other Qualifications will include:
- Thorough understanding of React.js, its core principles, and workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Knowledge of HTTP2 and websockets
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Understanding differing security models, with knowledge of AuthN and AuthZ principles
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- Solid understanding of JSON Schemas and OPEN API
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc.
- Strong understanding of Accessibility and Web Standards
- Experience with both Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
- Experience with using design language systems or similar
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to perform benchmarking and optimization
- Ability to debug performance and memory issues in complex JS applications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative work ethics and ability to work in a team-oriented culture
- Highly focused, organized, and detail-oriented
- Passionate about creating great technology products and is always looking for creative & innovative solutions to meet or exceed our business partners’ needs
- Strong leadership skills & ability to collaborate across development portfolios to drive results
- Strong technical aptitude with an intense desire to learn new skills and industry trends
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and automated testing (Jest, ESLint, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, XLR, etc.
- Experience with GraphQL data queries would be a plus
- Experience with search engine optimization tools and techniques would be a plus
Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as th company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019, 3:32:50 PM