American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express’ Global Servicing Learning Network is seeking a professional with extensive experience in Instructional Design and excels in effective transfer of training into performance results. This individual will be responsible for the development of highly engaging and interactive training. The ideal candidate will be able to apply advanced adult learning theories into a practical, application-based training strategy. The incumbent will partner with other Learning professionals and Business Partners in delivering a globally consistent training experience that directly impacts the success of American Express and our internal and external clients.
- Deliver a world-class learning experience and drive a positive business impact;
- Develop learning in both a traditional waterfall (ADDIE) and agile learning environment;
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders;
- Design training utilizing e-learning, game-based learning and other delivery methods that will support the acceleration of learning as measured by business performance.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Experience working in an agile and waterfall design environment
- Ability to work in a team environment to design, develop and build blended learning experiences
- Demonstrate thought leadership and the ability to drive innovation
- Extensive experience in Instructional design application with the ability to convert strategies to effective and engaging learning experiences
- Ability to apply concepts, techniques and theory of other disciplines to instructional design assessment strategies
- proven e-learning Design and Development experience and experience designing, developing and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements strongly preferred
- Proven experience as an Instructional Designer in a corporate and preferred financial services area
- Strong proficiency with industry standard design software with Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate Storyline 3 and Captivate 10 (These software skills MUST have been applied / used in a recent position, able to share features of the tools used.)
- Experience using rapid development and in the design and development of blended learning solutions
- Experience with gaming, video or other emerging software strongly preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project a must
- Excellent analytical skill, experience with using learning management systems to drive the delivery of training solutions
- A degree or certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning or Teaching is strong desired
- Minimum of 5 years of on-the-job application is desired.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2019, 12:46:41 AM