American Express Careers
Analyst - Product Development
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express’ Referral Programme taps into the passion that our Cardmembers have for the brand and turns it into an acquisition opportunity. Through the programme, consumers and small businesses can recommend their friends, family and colleagues – It engages our Cardmembers, allowing them to unlock true value for their friends with unique enriched offers, while earning rewards for themselves.
At the heart of our referral programme, is a personalised referral link, which is unique to each Cardmember. It is integrated into the Refer a Friend microsite, the American Express Mobile App and other Customer touchpoints, enabling Cardmembers to share the referral link seamlessly through a variety of options. Referral Marketing is the fastest growing card acquisition channel for American Express globally and will continue the growth trajectory in 2018, given the strong underlying economics, relative under-penetration of the Cardmember base and significant appetite for investment.
This position will report into the Product Owner, Referral Marketing Research & Development. This is truly a global role, and you will be contributing significantly to the company’s goals and be a part of a high-profile mission to evolve our existing referral marketing capabilities into ‘MGM 2.0.’ You’ll be required to partner very closely with our Agile technology team, local markets and digital channel teams on a daily basis, in order to build new product capabilities and drive referrals. Positive attitude, willingness to learn and dedication are all attributes that would sit well in our close-knit product team.
- Work with Technology teams in an agile environment to define and develop tests and features on the R&D roadmap.
- Define and develop user stories to support new product capabilities and attend agile planning ceremonies.
- For more complex features and tests, conduct feasibility assessments with Technology and provide recommendations to the Product Owner and market stakeholders.
- Gather requirements and help to build a roadmap to deliver capabilities across multiple markets.
- Maintain backlog for experimentation and product development and facilitate regular backlog prioritization meetings.
- Align and partner with key business stakeholders in markets to execute end to end program strategy and testing of new capabilities.
- Partner with MGM analytics to set-up tests, end-to-end tracking and reporting.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Passionate about new / emerging technologies and innovation.
- Extremely organised with a proven ability to manage projects end-to-end.
- Strong relationship-building and collaboration skills, ability to work cohesively with multiple stakeholders and markets.
- Ability to multi-task, operate autonomously, and prioritize effectively.
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Detail oriented with a strong project management skills & process mindset.
- Comfortable with analysing financial, customer and market data and using it in decision-making.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, developing & reviewing user stories and understanding of process flows is preferred.
- A passion for UX design for digital experiences is highly valuable.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2019, 12:43:33 PM