American Express Careers
Manager - Business Planning & Finance Analysis
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
This position, based in London, reports to the VP, Finance & Operations within the AXP General Counsel's Organization. The incumbent will provide a variety of financial support to the international managing counsel groups, including ongoing management of outside counsel legal invoice processing and assistance with internal operating expense tracking and management. Specifically, this position will have responsibility for:
- managing the internal operating expense budget and headcount tracking;
- analyzing and tracking outside counsel budgets;
- reviewing legal invoices in Legal Tracker, screening of outside counsel invoices to ensure appropriate financial controls;
- communicating with outside counsel firms on invoice discrepancies;
- ensuring retainer agreements are in place and up to date;
- preparing various reporting tracking outside counsel expenses and support for internal GCO group budget;
- reviewing reports in cooperation with the EMEA/JAPA/LACCGCO to proactively identify opportunities for cost savings;
- communicating and enforcing American Express and GCO policies regarding case management and billing with outside counsel;
- support of periodic legal loss reporting efforts;
- attending to quarter- and year-end processes including preparation of accruals for current year and budgets for the following year as well as supporting ad-hoc queries.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will possess the following key qualifications:
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- strong written, oral communication and presentation skills;
- strong accounting and financial acumen;
- comfort with and an eye for detail;
- ability to summarize information into key insights;
- a consultative approach with key stakeholders, with an ability to generate ideas to improve overall expense performance;
- a self-starter with the ability progress multiple efforts simultaneously;
- excellent relationship skills;
- a proven ability to drive outcomes;
- a strong work ethic and will-to-win, and demonstrated personal excellence.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 12:53:31 PM