American Express Careers
Mgr-Risk & Info Management
In addition to determining the internal credit rating which drives the probability of default of each exposure, CRU also calculates the loss given default of these obligors while underwriting card programs. As a bank holding company, American Express must comply with the highest global banking standards set by Basel and implemented by the bank’s primarily regulatory, the Federal Reserve.
- Expertise as a credit and underwriting decision maker dealing with commercial exposures ranging from small business or middle-market to large, multinational institutions
- Thorough understanding of fundamental financial analysis including the ability to review corporate financial statements to determine the ability of the obligor to honor its credit obligations
- Comfort with GAAP/IFRS accounting standards, corporate valuation, and forecasting
- Knowledge of how probability of default and loss given default determine economic capital
- Experience in determining appropriate credit capacity, structuring of facilities, and risk mitigation techniques
- Familiarity with quantitative credit models (such as Moody’s RiskCalc, CreditEdge, etc) and knowledge of how to interpret the outputs, and when deviation from the model has appropriate defense
- Comfort with public agency ratings and supporting analysis
- Understanding of current macroeconomic trends and how to provide recommendations to improve the PD estimation based on the business cycle
- Experience preparing company-specific and industry-wide credit memorandums
- Excellent judgment in making sound rating and underwriting decisions to maximize profitability and mitigate risk
- Familiarity with banking regulations, particularly those imposed by Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
- Familiarity with global markets (foreign language ability a plus)
- Specific industry expertise in travel (airlines, cruiselines, hospitality), financial institutions, or public finance
- Minimum 4 years experience rating and / or underwriting at a leading financial institution or rating agency
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university with high GPA and a degree (or substantial coursework) in finance, accounting, economics, or statistics
Graduate degree with a finance or business emphasis, or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, is a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 1:43:32 PM