American Express Careers
Manager – Network Product Development & Management
Position Title: Product Owner – Network Modernization (Manager)
The Network Modernization team within GNB is leading a 3-year effort to create a flexible, scalable infrastructure that facilitates our continued competition as a world-class payments brand into the next decade. The team will lead business delivery across a global SAFE agile structure to drive quality business processes, ensure adherence to the principles of the program and create the potential and capabilities expected of the Network Modernization program.
The Software Product Owner is part of the Network Delivery Team. This team interfaces with business partners that provide the subject matter expertise related to their products and processes, creates features and user stories and leads scope discussions and analysis required to define and deliver the minimum viable program.
- Work collaboratively with business and technology partners to identify and deliver Network capabilities on the new Network
- Own and manage the Network Modernization backlog which includes creating and reviewing Initiatives, Capabilities, Features and User Stories with Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure all aspects of Initiatives, Capabilities, Features and User Stories are managed within the Rally tool
- Handles all aspects of scope management throughout the agile delivery cycle including the approval of development prior to release into production
- Work collaboratively across various stakeholder groups such as GNB, Acquiring and Issuing Businesses, Marketing, Technologies, Compliance and other cross functional areas
- Influence, lead and communicate to all levels across a broad range of customers and constituents
- Develop a technical understanding of the new Network as it is being built
- Provide consultancy to business partners to ensure that processes and platforms are utilized appropriately
- Expertise in Settlement
- Fraud processing
- ATM, Tokenization
- Authorization or Clearing
- Experience with Agile Delivery Framework
- Experience delivering complex system development
- Experience eliciting and articulating business requirements
- Ability to think strategically and understand how solution approach fits into technical environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly articulate complexities
- Driving results and collaborating in a cross-functional and global environment
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and influencing skills
- Flexibility in supporting various time zones, as this role supports a global initiative
- Independent thinker and comfortable with making project level decisions
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 9:16:12 AM