American Express Careers
Manager/ Sr Manager, Research & Insights
- Develop a quarterly executive presentation of key customer and prospect insights to tell the story of our global performance across the enterprise, including market and BU highlights and diagnostics.
- Support the development of a connected, scalable performance measurement approach to enable AXP marketers to understand the effectiveness of our products/services and marketing, including (but not limited to):
- Development of enterprise prospect and customer scorecards, connecting customer attitudes (e.g. NPS) to experiences and business outcomes;
- Commissioning drivers analyses to inform business opportunities to improve experiences and performance;
- In collaboration with markets and BUs, define key experiential/behavioral metrics (e.g. digital engagement, servicing outcomes, etc.) and customer attitudes to help diagnose business outcomes.
- Incorporate relevant competitive benchmarks and diagnostics into scorecards to ensure performance is measured in context/vs. competition in a systematic and rigorous manner.
- Define and implement a cross-market and BU syndication approach for enterprise scorecards, addressing various stakeholder needs/uses for the data and insights.
- Support the development of automated access (via online tools) to performance metrics via collaboration with Amex Insights colleagues and across AXP analytics and capabilities groups (e.g. ED&A).
- Manage research agency partners and work-flow to ensure quality and accuracy, cost efficiency, and timely completion of deliverables.
- Superior analytical skills; ability to work with large amounts of data and information from multiple sources to develop and test hypotheses
- Ability to work with detail (e.g. perform data analysis, interrogate data), while also pull up from detail to link to larger context and business environment and tie insights to business outcomes
- Familiarity with foundational statistics and various approaches for data analysis
- Familiarity with various types of prospect/customer/brand data (e.g. NPS, Brand Health, Consumer Decision Journey) and financial business metrics (e.g. NAA, spend, lend)
- Strong understanding of the financial services and payments landscape
- Proven track record of achieving results in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with ambiguity, and ability to define/create structure around ambiguity
- Innovation/entrepreneurial mindset and approach
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage, influence and inspire partners and stakeholders across band levels to collaborate
- Ownership and accountability
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 4:02:19 PM