American Express Careers
Market HR Manager
This position works in partnership with the Market HR Director of the US Virtual Community to drive a meaningful employee experience across the virtual population, in partnership with the Virtual Executive Team. Specifically, this position develops strategies and supports initiatives that drive employee engagement, development and career growth, resulting in retention of talent and elevation of the colleague value proposition both internally and externally.
- Creates the overall development strategy for the community, taking input from Pulse, the Virtual Executive Team, and other listening posts or needs analysis, to ensure robust employee development that drives key business outcomes
- Leads the Development Calendar xLOB team; curates content to promote on a monthly bases based on the development needs of the community; designs and sends the development calendar on a monthly basis
- Leads the development strategy for leaders of virtual employees, identifying and promoting relevant content, in partnership with GLL, organizing leader forums, and advocating for training opportunities via vendor partners
- Oversees the planning and execution of Own My Career, in partnership with business leads and the VET
- Leads the strategy, implementation, and execution of Leadership Communities
- Leads the execution of all other community development events (such as leader forums, networking events, etc.)
- Works in partnership with the Virtual Executive Team to design and implement the engagement strategy for the virtual community
- Leads Pulse analysis and action planning for the community
- Supports engagement initiatives sponsored by the VET (such as the Virtual Square landing page)
- Works in partnership with CA&C to promote live-streamed employee events to the community (such as Steve Squeri’s Town Halls, International Women’s Day panel, etc.)
- Works in partnership with BlueEN and other employee networks to increase employee awareness of available resources through the networks and increase participation
- Supports development, exposure, and growth of top talent, leveraging different initiatives happening within the community.
- Takes the lead in pulling talent reports from Navigator
- Partners with HRBPs to identify top talent to highlight to the VET and other senior leaders in the community
- Supports the geo-targeted talent discussions, assisting in identifying talent for discussion and pulling talent reports and other information as requested
- Advocates for top talent to have opportunities to participate in community events (such as Leadership Communities, Own My Career, leadership panels, training opportunities, etc.)
- Supports all other initiatives, as needed, which drive a consistent and meaningful employee experience across the virtual community.
- 5-7 years of experience in progressively responsible positions
- Experience in Human Resources or related field
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- The ability to influence change without direct authority
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and complete project-based work
- Functional knowledge of MSFT tools including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
Preferred but not required
- Experience as an HR Generalist
- Master’s degree in business or related field
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 1:22:52 PM