American Express Careers
Finance Manager - Investor Relations
- The unique opportunity to interact with the external investment community and senior management while supporting the Investor Relations team’s efforts to provide the financial community with insight into the Company’s strategies, objectives and performance.
- Supporting the team’s efforts to provide a comprehensive investor relations program; preparing talking points for senior management and actively participating in select meetings with institutional investors, including annual investor day, quarterly earnings presentations, sell-side conference presentations, road shows, one-on-one meetings, conference calls and daily phone calls by taking comprehensive notes and liaising on logistics.
- Tracking, analyzing and reporting on the Company’s investor base; including the Company’s quarterly ownership data and meeting activity. Managing and enhancing the investor targeting model to prioritize investor engagement activities and provide insights to senior management.
- Managing internal communications report to senior executives, leveraging and summarizing key themes from various analyst reports, competitor earnings releases and other industry reports.
- Developing and managing quarterly earnings materials including compiling relevant information for use at the conference call with analysts/investors.
- Creating presentation materials for AXP's annual investor day in an effort to externally communicate the company's financial performance as well as business model outcomes and successes to the investment community.
- Building relationships with key constitutions across the Company; including senior management, General Counsel’s Office, External Reporting, Communications and the Corporate Planning and Analysis team.
- Supporting and advancing ongoing projects within the Investor Relations group.
- Strong relationship and influencing skills; ability to collaborate with cross-functional business partners across the organization.
- Must be able to manage and assimilate large quantities of information. Ability to research various topics with intellectual curiosity.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills with a deep understanding of card economics.
- Proactive in anticipating needs of customers and responsive to requests in a timely, efficient manner while performing in a busy and difficult environment. Proven experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong power point and excel expertise. Knowledge of Bloomberg a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication (oral, written and listening) skills due to extensive exposure to the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Management.
- Financial knowledge of the Company and familiarity with the competitive and economic dynamics of the businesses
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 10:30:22 AM