American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - UI
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of highly skilled professionals. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology by delivering cutting edge products. This is a great opportunity to join the Information Management, Big Data and Analytics Platform Engineering organization within American Express Technologies and be part of the Big Data transformation journey.
As Senior Software Engineer the successful candidate will play a lead role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
This high energy Engineer must have:
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
- 6+ years of Software Development experience
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
Experience with the following
- Building reusable UI components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing UI performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Modular design and single responsibility principle
- Agile tools (Rally, Jira) & IDEs (Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ)
- CI/CD tools & frameworks such as Jenkins, XLR, Sonar, Selenium, Cucumber, Chef etc.
- Agile Scrum development methodologies
- Databases like mySQL, Oracle, Couchbase etc
- Thorough understanding of React.js, its core principles along with state management libraries like Redux, Flux etc.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Good understanding of various security models, with knowledge of Single Sign On, AuthN and AuthZ principles
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs & Spring MVC
- Solid understanding of JSON Schemas and OPEN API
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM etc.
- Experience with both Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 1:59:07 PM