American Express Careers
Financial Analysis Manager
• The incumbent will be responsible for preparation and fillings of various regulatory reports.
• The incumbent may also work on Entity Submissions & Consolidations process through which information for some of the External Reporting / Regulatory Filings is gathered from various entities / markets across AXP. The process involves both preparations, consolidation of entity submissions and regulatory filings.
• The Entity Submissions & Consolidations team provides support for the standard submissions to all the entities / markets and is responsible for review of the submission to ensure completeness, correctness & adherence to timelines.
Responsible for automating the various reports and processes as per the user/process requirement for the team
• Incumbent is expected to understand reporting requirements of various submissions and regulatory reports applicable to different AXP entities.
• Establish required controls and checks to ensure integrity of the information collected/prepared.
• Collaborate with multiple Finance partners across Controllership, Business Unit Finance and other Finance organizations to source information and deliver on customer expectations.
• The incumbent will be expected to quickly gain detailed understanding of inputs, processes, controls, flows, metrics, risks, and outputs of the process area.
• Lead projects aimed at eliminations, automation and rationalization of entity submissions.
• The incumbent will be required to participate in standardization and continuous improvement initiatives as well as other business partner initiatives.
• The incumbent would be required to consistently understand and exceed customer’s requirements whilst ensuring effective teamwork at all times, should be a problem solver and have ability to questions status quo.
• The incumbent should be able to maintain high accuracy and productivity standards.
• The incumbent shall ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes handled by the team
• The incumbent shall be required, among other things, to maintain close contact with customer / business partners, and other interface groups
• Incumbent should have people leading abilities and should have ability to influence without authority
Qualifications• The incumbent should either be Chartered Accountant / an MBA from premier institute with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience.
Prior experience of either VBA or VBA6.0. 3. and good knowledge of Design / Development of database on MS Access / MS SQL/Natural language generation (NLG)/Robotics Process Automation (RPA)/JAVA wll be a preference and an advantage
• Should have problem solving, planning and analytical skills to facilitate and focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
• Should be self-driven and have eye for detail.
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact independently with senior business partners / customers etc.
• Reporting and analysis experience will be an advantage. Experience in regulatory reporting or SEC reporting will be preferred.
• Familiarity with US GAAP and financial accounting experience is preferred.
• For an internal candidate, knowledge of company policies, businesses, Finance processes and systems is desirable
• Must be proficient in MS Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Should have strong results orientation, project management, collaboration and co-ordination abilities.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2019, 6:22:04 AM