American Express Careers
Business Planning Analyst
Responsible for assisting in core business planning activities for the Sales teams based in UK, CEE and Russia.
Support leadership in monthly updates on performance reporting for our Sales teams, enabling them to accurately monitor their performance and achieve their targets
Project support on both tactical and strategic initiatives.
Support Business Planning Manager in responding to ad hoc requests from both within our teams and across the Blue Box
Supporting growth initiatives through industry and portfolio analysis, understanding of specific trends to replicate best practices across the industry segments
Support on regular Business Unit Review (BUR), presentations.
This involves extensive data gathering, analysis and strategic thinking to prepare senior management for strategic reviews of the business with various senior leadership groups.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent business analysis, and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of the card issuing business, financial dynamics and key profitability levers and KPIs.
- Proficiency in MS-Excel knowledge is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to create and deliver compelling presentations while interpreting complex data in meaningful business metrics.
- Ability to multi task and work under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects and maintaining a key attention to detail.
- Innovative thinker who can proactively take on complex business situations and solve problems proactively.
- Self-starter and team player who can work efficiently and effectively alone as well as part of a team.
- Awareness of external, local market trends and competitive landscape.
- Positive, can-do attitude, encompassing a strong will to win.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com will be preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one database management systems (e.g., SQL, SAS etc.) or Excel VBA/ Tableau is a must.
- University degree, preferably Finance/Accountancy/Economics/English or equivalent working experience.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 11:10:25 AM