American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant - HR ASC
This position supports Two VP’s in the Human Resource Department. The Global Payroll Americas Hub team consists of payroll professionals and is part of Global Colleague Solutions and Services (GCSS). This team is responsible for ensuring compliance requirements adherence and payment of statutory deductions to external agencies as applicable. Teams operate within a fast-paced, global and complex environment out of 3 locations. This position is based out of Phoenix office and provides day-to-day administrative support to the VP-Finance and Payroll Tax Teams. In addition, this role will support the GCSS Tax Team administrative tasks given the volume of manual transactions processed in GCSS Tax. This support is required to the US Payroll team to ensure compliance and better colleague servicing. The Global HRIS Team consists of Human Resource professionals and is part of Global HR Systems, Solutions & Privacy (GHSSP). This team is responsible for creating and managing policies and processes and procedures related to HR data. They also create and enforce access requirements based on regulatory and legal requirements and business needs.
This position also supports the VP Global HR Systems and All HRIS Teams. This role is a full-time role (40 hours per week) with applicable benefits. This role is 8:00a – 4:30p Phoenix time (Mon-Fri).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Calendar management, including coordination of meetings with senior leaders across numerous teams and time zones.
- Mail sorting, distribution and delivery to allow payroll specialist data entry on timely basis (mail runs are approximately 9a, 12p and 3p daily).
- Coordination of travel arrangements, both domestic and International, considering local transportation situations and travel advisory
- Organization of various team meetings and events in Phoenix and other office locations, including room booking, catering, equipment arrangements, etc., and managing last minute changes as required.
- Provide detailed itineraries of trips, including hotel arrangements, transfers, meetings scheduled, contact details, addresses etc.
- T&E and expense management
- Provide support of the administrative management of the team, including on-boarding of new employees and separation, compliance training, T&E and OPEX tracking, Office Supplies, Invoices payments, Real Estate management, etc.
- Collection, handling, storage and distribution of various business-related documents
- Capture and distribution of minutes and action items from key meetings on need basis
- Coordinate team communications, including ownership of the distribution lists, organization charts, phone lists, etc.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, Skip meeting, Recruiting, etc. as needed for US Payroll Support
- Scanning of processed manual papers or fax inputs received from various Business units on daily/weekly basis. This is key compliance requirement and important for employees servicing support.
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant
- Experience managing multiple calendars and coordinating global meetings
- Excellent relationship skills, comfortable interfacing with Amex Executives, associates and other internal and external business contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-time-zone organization and manage multiple tasks as well as conflicting priorities.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to work against firm deadlines, identify and resolve issues, independently manage workload in a dynamic environment, be adaptable and highly flexible.
- Attention to detail and timely follow up.
- Skilled at planning and arranging domestic and international travel
- Good team player demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as internal American Express systems (Ariba, Concur, Dayforce, IIQ, iVu, WebEx, Telepresence, etc.).
- Positive attitude and solution-oriented demeanor, always trying find a way to meet the changing needs of the team.
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2019, 10:44:50 PM