American Express Careers
International- Manager Business Development
International Consumer Service is looking for a Multi/channel Manager Business Development for International Dollar Card (IDC). This area is responsible for creating new business opportunities, increasing new channel penetration and ensuring new cards acquired are active and use their cards during first 100 days. Create marketing strategies to ensure Cardmember engagement for the first year. This Manager will be reporting directly to the IDC Acquisition Head, the incumbent will provide strategic thought leadership to facilitate the expansion of the existing IDC business and will be responsible for creating new business opportunities from deal conception to deal execution.
The position has requested the following:
- Ability to manage multiple partners/channels to ensure yearly plan targets including New card acquired, New Billed Business Volume and Marginal Contribution are met or exceeded
- Act as the first point of communication/interface with partners and internal clients as needed.
- Built partner relationships at all levels and leverage these relationships to ensure partners engagement
- Review and interpret trends in the markets/ issuing businesses that he/she is responsible for and make recommendations on how to drive the business forward
- Vast knowledge and understanding of the credit card business in LAC countries`
- Work closely with cross functional groups -Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Fraud, Technologies, Operations & Finance, etc. to ensure consistent delivery of services to Customers and Partners to support business needs and continuous process improvements to maximize growth
- Operate in compliance with all applicable laws and procedures for all markets
- Launch New Channel opportunities and relationships to grow New Cards Acquired and Charge billed business volumes
- Knowledge of online channel, marketing and social network platform
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 5+ years of proven track record in sales or partnership / business development and successful partnership with Banks across LAC
- Exceptional deal making capabilities and experience in such.
- First class relationship skills gained through interacting at all levels across partner organizations.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Acquisition channels and partner banks expertise
- Entrepreneurial spirit, financial acumen and ability to drive and deliver results.
- Highly resilient, able to drive results in challenging business environment.
- Working knowledge of the card industry.
- Working knowledge on issuer processing,
- Strong planning and organizing skills, ability to manage and see delivery of complex projects through to an end.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative and to take full ownership of responsibilities.
- Influencing and negotiating skills particularly with external partners where there is no direct authority
- Proven ability to turn strategies into executional plans to drive results
- Self-motivated and strong ability to drive results
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 11:01:00 PM