American Express Careers
Insurance Strategic And Planning Manager
- Coordinate month-end closing process and financial to provide on time, complete and transparent financial information, while tracking results on a monthly basis, providing insights to the emerging trends, analyzing risks and opportunities including variance analysis.
- Prepare and support business reviews for Senior Leaders such as monthly reviews and quarterly bank board sessions.
- Drive budget and forecasting processes with specific focus on commission revenue, marketing fees, ceding fees and re-insurance revenues to analyze performance, risks and opportunities.
- Assure income process occurs on time and effectively every month with different carriers to accomplish re-insurance calculation (Centrally calculated)
- Manage and control of annual payments & forecasting of NACs for Lending & Charge Products
- Effectively interact with operations and sales team to assure quality business and monthly tren information to ensure financial results.
- Develop and deliver on-going profitability analysis to determine changes in products to increase business margins and Insurance PTI contribution.
- Co-lead the investment optimization process with Mexico Finance I/O Management
- Ensure alignment and coordination of financial processes in other finance areas such as Local controllership, Central controllership, business advisory team, etc.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University degree in Finance, Economics and Actuarial Science
- Experience of succeeding in demanding financial roles at manager level or above.
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Modeling including financial evaluation criteria (NPV, ROI, ROE, etc).
- Fast, independent learner. Agile, flexible and proactive.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, formal and informal. Proven ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and clear manner with different kinds of audiences (peers, senior leaders, etc.).
- Assertive and able to provide constructive feedback. The person must live Blue Box Values.
- Customer awareness and service deliver focus and strong sense of financial integrity.
- Insurance financial knowledge and proficient presentation skills (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of American Express business and the competitive environment (preferable)
- Advanced excel skills, use of macros and computer skills in programming such as SAS, SQL, Tableau, Cornerstone and other big data analytics and capabilities is preferable.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 11:54:57 AM